If you are wondering what to do with all those books you have laying around the house, then I have a great solution – bookcases with glass doors!
These make great display pieces as well as nice furniture pieces and they add to your overall storage as well – practical plus decorative.
The great thing about glass door bookcases is that you can use them to display your books but you can also add in little decorative items or collectibles to make the bookcase even more interesting.
The fact that everything is closed in by glass doors means that less dust will collect on the surfaces and that means less housework for you!
How to arrange your bookshelf?
Here are some tips on how to arrange your bookshelf to make it appealing:
- If you are going for a library type of look, then you might consider investing in some antique leather-bound books – nothing adds an air of elegance more than old leather-bound books and it makes a wonderful display.
- If you are simply trying to get the books organized and off the floor, then you’ll want to pick a style of bookshelf that goes with your current decor.
- You can put bookcases with glass doors in any room – the bedroom, living room, dining room, office – even the kitchen (display all those cookbooks!).
How to buy a Good Book Cabinet?
There are a couple of things to consider when shopping for a book cabinet with glass doors.
One of these is the color of the wood.
- You want to be sure to match what you already have in the room so if your room is all oak, then look for an oak bookshelf. If it’s the popular black or espresso, then look for a bookshelf in that same color.
Another of these is the style.
- You wouldn’t want to put a contemporary style bookcase in a French country-style room. So, you want to look at the design of the piece – is it in keeping with your current design?
- Modern or contemporary bookcases with glass doors will have clean geometric lines, the country-style will be simplistic but not harsh, French country could be a little more frilly.
- Well, you get the idea- just make sure the style of your bookshelf matches the style you currently have!
Finally, you need to take space into consideration.
- You probably already have an idea of where you are going to put the bookshelf, so measure it and take those measurements with you when you shop. You don’t want to be disappointed when you bring home that perfect piece only to find out it doesn’t fit!
- Also, be sure to consider whether you want a tall bookcase or a table height one – the table height can double as a table to set things on, but the taller ones will give you more storage.
In the end, though it’s all about how it will look in the space so keep that in mind. You can buy some great bookcases with glass doors online and you’ll get a good selection of them too.
What is the best way of arranging your books?
The answer is simple and quite obvious. You arrange your books based on their sizes, from smallest to largest. In other words, start from the left side of the shelf or cabinet where you want to place them, and then proceed towards the end of it.
Even if you don’t have a lot of books, it can still be hard to arrange them in an appealing way. There are some easy and attractive arrangements that will also help organize your collection. We hope these tips were helpful.
Hi, This is Evan, A Gardener and Writer with Vast Experience in Gardening. I Usually Write practical and valuable guides on various gardening topics. In this Blog, I try to cover many gardening topics, from lawn care to vegetable gardens. This Blog offers practical gardening advice for a variety of plants.